Thursday 3 July 2008

work in progress

This blog was made mainly because myself and apryl thought the idea of doing a joint blog over the summer would be a rad way to document are summers apart and because of my lack of technological knowledge and pure laziness I did not have a personal blog so had to create one for that plan to take effect. Then the idea of using this personal blog as a documentation of my own summer for family/friends to read about seemed easier than sending numerous emails. Currently this blog will not be very visual as I am yet to rinse the america exchange rate for a camera but trust me i soon will.

So here it is on the 23.06.08 I flew out to New York where I did the tourist things such as Time square which was hit the first night with two of the only english girls thats were on the same flight with me and were doing the bunac 'thing'. The next day and next tourist spot was spent meeting a canadian girl and her brother to discuss jesse laceey and look at poloar bears in central park; more specifically the so called zoo that technically only houses about 6 animals but still polar bears ans red pandas are pretty sweet. The night was spent doing personal geek out things alone such as speninding too much moeny in genereation records and eating amazing vegan food at sacred chow all in the greenwich village area which is a visual delight for so many reasons.

The next two days were ultimate toursit a lone trip to liberty and ellis island and sad to admit the ellis island museum was the only one I visitedon my trip but there is always septemeber. I also on my last full day embarked on a 'midtown tour' with some kids from the hostel which did the big sights (some I had already witnessed) and ended up at 9pm on top of the empire state building which if you smart enough you pass as a 17 year old and get cheaper entry! then the night was finished on the lower east side in 'little india' eating far too much food my english stomach handle and talking to nyc punks in bad religion t-shirts about the cancellation of the only subway service back to midtown has been cancelled!

I stayed firmly most of the time in manhattan but I am making sure I will be visting the other boroughs when I return with Apryl and Jim in september which I think I will enjoy alot more especially eeing new york with close ones as sometimes not knowing many people was a downer in such a wonderful city!

No comments: